03 March 2009


I finally got around to blocking my shawl. I finished knitting it a few weeks ago, but kept forgetting to block it.

I rinsed out the finished piece in the sink and let it sit in the water for a few minutes. I squeezed out the excess and pinned it into place. I don't think it's all that much larger than the unblocked piece, but I only had 440 yards of the yarn to work with. I do think it's a bit wider, but not really too much longer, unfortunately. Still, I think it'll be a good size for a fancy (wide) scarf, though I suppose technically it's a bit too small to be a shawl. Maybe.

We'll see how big it it tonight after it's had a chance to dry, and I can photograph it on an actual person (me) instead of flat.

No comments: